SoonChang Red Pepper Sauce for Cold Spicy Noodle 300g
Ready-made Sauce for Cold Spicy Noodle (Bibim-guksu), What is it?
a cold dish made with very thin wheat flour noodles called somyeon (You can buy it here) with added flavorings, is one of the most popular traditional noodle dishes in Korean cuisine and especially popular during summer.
How to make it? (for 2 servings)
1. Hardboil an egg, cut it in half, and set it aside.
2. Cut about ½ cup worth of cucumber into matchsticks and set aside.
3. Add about 200 grams of Soyeon (thin dried noodles, you can buy it in our shop) into a pot of boiling water. Stir them with a spoon to prevent them from sticking together. Close the lid.
4. A few minutes later, they’ll start boiling over. Open the lid and stir the noodles. Cook a few minutes more with the lid open until they are cooked well.
*tip: You can tell if they are cooked by tasting one or two. The noodles are very hot, so add a few noodles to a small bowl of cold water to cool them down before tasting. The noodles should be chewy and soft.
5. When the noodles are cooked, rinse them in cold water couple of times, strain them, and set aside. The noodles will expand and lose their chewiness as time passes, so the noodles should always be cooked last in this recipe, and then eat right away.
6. Put each portion of noodles on a serving plate and add this sauce on top. Add cucumber and egg and serve.