CJ Spicy Korean BBQ Sauce for Chicken & Pork 500g
Spicy pork bulgogi (called jeyuk bokkeum or dweji bulgogi) is another highly popular Korean BBQ dish. Jeyuk means pork, and bokkeum means stir-fry.
Unlike its beef counterpart, which is traditionally marinated in a soy sauce based sauce, pork is typically marinated in a spicy chili pepper paste (gochujang, 고추장) based sauce with lots of fresh garlic and ginger. For an authentic Korean dish, there is simply no substitute for gochujang.
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 330 g of sliced pork or chicken
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 carrot, thinly sliced
- 4 stalks of spring onion, thinly sliced
- Some cooking oil
How to cook?
1. Marinate the meat in the sauce for 4 hrs in the fridge. (Overnight marination is even better)
2. Heat up your wok / skillet on medium high heat and once heated add some cooking oil.
3. Add the meat and all vegetables and stir occasionally.
4. Once the meat and the vegetables are half cooked, reduce the heat to medium and cook further until all ingredients are fully cooked.